PowerPoint - Creating Your Own Theme
PowerPoint provides many pre-designed theme/templates, but they get boring after awhile and if you need something specific for your brand, they don’t cut it. So, what to do? Create your own!
Your theme can include a wide array of options including a customized background, your logo, graphics, guidelines, fonts, bullets, content boxes (text, graph, table, etc), page numbers or slide transitions.
So, let’s get started:
- Open a blank document
- If you want to customize an existing theme, choose that now
- Go to the View Tab – and choose Slide Master and design your template
- Add a background – choose a preset or adjust a preset or add your own using a graphic
- Add your logo or whatever else you want on you slide template/theme
- Change the fonts and bullets
- Add in text boxes, tables, etc – whatever you need to set up your template
- Once done – go back to the View tab and choose Normal view
- Choose the Design tab
- In the themes area of the ribbon – click the down arrow with the line above it (for more options) and click save current theme.
- Save it in Document Themes folder (see below where this folder is on my system and note the path for your own system) – it will be saved with the .thmx extension
Then save the presentation itself also (just in case some thing goes wrong with the template save)
- Close out PowerPoint and reopen
- Now when you go to Design you will see the theme you just created!
You can edit the theme anytime you want, just follow the same instructions above.
Now you know how to create your own theme – thanks to Gerry S. for suggesting this article!
If you need help working with an MS office project contact me at email@example.com I have years of experience and can help you.
Social Marketing Organization for 2015
Now that it’s a new year it is the perfect time to get your social media marketing organized to achieve the best results for your brand. Having an outline and a plan for how and when you are going to use social media is of the utmost importance and will keep you focused and consistent.
Here are some simple tips to get you started:
- Write a plan for your activities. Include what you are going to do, what outlets you will concentrate on and how often you will be posting.
- If you are blogging or writing an e-newsletter – create a list of article ideas so you don’t get stuck for content after a few weeks. I also keep a list of future ideas for the same reason – use this list to jot down ideas as they come to you and then expand on them later.
- Create a calendar for a minimum of the next 6 months for your plan marking key dates/times, social media outlets, and content.
- Use the calendar to track and monitor activity from these efforts.
- If you aren’t using Google Analytics on your web site – go do it now! You will garner so much information from your web site traffic with Google that will let you know what is working or not working with your social media plan.
- Use Twitter, FaceBook and LinkedIn to post articles of interest that are related to your business. By doing this you will get more exposure and add followers.
- Know that FaceBook is the most viewed site on mobile devices.
What else are you doing to improve your social media marketing efforts in 2015? Share them with me and others.
If you need help with your social marketing contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I have years of experience.
You Have To Laugh
Extreme weight loss for a dog? ... http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/12/15/moos-77-pound-weiner-dog-loses-weight.cnn.html