PowerPoint - Aligning Text
Have you run into this problem - you are working on a presentation and find that one of your text boxes is not aligning your text correctly? PowerPoint gives you many options to align your text the way you need it.
In the example below I want the text to be in the center of the box. I could add a line return to achieve this, but later if I need to make the box larger the text will no longer be in the center.
To fix this highlight the box and chose the Home Tab on the menu ribbon. In the Paragraph box click on Align Text. You can choose from Top, Middle or Bottom alignment or go further and opt for More Options – the window below will appear.
Here you can change the following:
- Vertical alignment – top, middle, or bottom
- Text direction – set to rotate or stacked text
- Autofit – turn on or off the ability for the text to fit in the box as it size changes
- Internal margins – add spacing around the text within the box
- Wrap text in shape – text will wrap inside of the box, otherwise the text will flow outside of the shape
- Set columns – add columns to your text box
If you need help with any MS Office project or have questions – contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
SEO - No Longer Just About Search Engines
No longer does Search Engine Optimization (SEO) mean purely optimizing your site for search engines. Now you need to look at social media as part of your SEO.
The search engines have added social media signals (e.g. Facebook likes, retweets, Linked In or Patch.com posts) to create their search results. To see how this works – go to you favorite search engine (mine is DogPile.com*) and enter “Amy’s Biz Tips” – you will all the different places my newsletter is promoted.
Anyone can get these results, but it takes work and dedication. To learn more about how to incorporate this strategy into your plan, SocialMediaExaminer.com has gathered a list of 18 social media SEO resources. See the full article here: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/social-media-seo/#more-55329
If you need help putting together and/or executing your social media presence contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I can help you!
* DogPile.com searches all the major engines – you get much better results using this than just Google alone.
You Have To Laugh
Funny Video: Great Ad Campaign - http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5545842/pepsi-bus-stop-ad-augmented-reality