Excel - Mouse and Keyboard Tricks
Using mouse or keyboard shortcuts in Excel can save a lot of time if you know they exist. Here are a few of my favorite keyboard tricks.
Moving from cell to cell:
- Tabbing between cells
- use the Tab key to move to the cell to right
- use Shift + Tab to move to the cell to left
- Use the Arrow keys to move up, down, right and left.
- Use Ctrl + Arrow keys to skip to the next cell with data in the row (left/right arrows) or columns (up/down arrows).
- Alt + Page Up or Page Down will move you diagonally through the worksheet
Check out these 10 Excel mouse shortcuts from Search Engine Watch. While I thought I know a lot of short cuts in Excel – this article has some I didn’t know about. Below is a sample of some of their tricks:
- Automatically create a sum
- Display formulas
- Jump to the beginning or end of a column or row
- Repeat a formula to multiple cells
- Copy a pattern of numbers or dates
- Format painter
If you have a project coming up that requires Excel contact me at email@example.com I have years of experience and can help you.
How Did They Create That Printed Piece?
Have you ever gotten a really neat printed invitation or marketing piece and wondered how it was made or how did they get it to open that way?
Well, if this kind of stuff fascinates you then welcome to the “Fold of the Week”. This is a weekly email newsletter that features a video of how a printed piece was created. Trish, their folding expert, does a great job explaining the fold, makes it fun to watch and always dons a t-shirt.with a fold-funny statement.
Scroll through their site to learn more about print and folding. Unfortunately, the art of folding is not as much in demand as it was in the past. These days you don’t see these types of pieces as frequently in your mail due to cost of postage and printing and of course, email and the internet.
I haven’t forgotten the art of folding, so if you need help with creating a printed piece of marketing collateral, let me know I can help! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Have To Laugh
Funny Video: Really well trainined dog - http://theilovedogssite.com/gone-viral-theyre-calling-him-the-smartest-dog-ever-dont-miss-the-end/