Word - Line, Paragraph, Section & Page Breaks
Depending on how your document is set up in Word you will most likely need to make breaks to lines, paragraphs, sections and pages. While you might say, “hey I know how to make a line break” it’s always good to review the basics and various options, so here we go.
Let’s first look at what each of these breaks does:
- Line break (aka manual break or hard return) – moves the cursor down one line (just below the previous line)
- Paragraph break – a break the usually includes a break appearing two lines below the previous line
- Section break – used to divide your document into sections with the ability to format the section the way you want (using columns, different margins, etc)
- Page break – it’s as simple as ending on page and breaking to another page.
Here’s how you add these with keyboard strokes or via the menu:
- Line break – Shift-Enter
- Paragraph break – Enter (sometimes might require two hits)
- Section break – from the Menu ribbon choose Page Layouts and then Breaks
- Page break – Ctrl-Enter or with the Menu ribbon, click Insert and then Page Break
Try these out for yourself – don’t forget you can use Ctrl-Z to undo any break you’ve made.
f you need help working with an MS office project contact me at email@example.com I have years of experience and can help you.
Facebook Chat Stickers
If you chat with friends on Facebook with the Chat feature (like AOL’s instant messenger) you may have noticed your friends responding with icons (graphics) vs text. I am not talking about the usual smiley faces that we have been used to in the past, but rather fun little graphics called ‘stickers’.
These stickers are available already in your chat window or you can choose others (some are free and other stickers you might have to pay for).
To see the stickers you have, click on the smiley face in the lower right of the message area and a small window will appear. If you look at the top of the window and you will see a couple of sticker sets are already available.
To choose new sets or delete existing sets simply click on the shopping cart icon on the top right of the window to open the Sticker Shop and scroll through options. You can preview the set or add them to your library of stickers by clicking “Free”. If a set is already installed, click “remove” to get rid of that set.
These are fun to use and there are a lot of neat sets that are free. Play around with them and decide which are your favorites. Enjoy your chats!
If you need help with social media contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I have been helping others to get comfortable with social media for years.
You Have To Laugh
A cat calls 911 from the animal shelter - http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/07/24/dnt-fl-cat-calls-911.wwsb.html